Information Before You Go to Remove Limescale.
Limescale is a common problem in all geographical areas because of hard water. Water contains some solid deposits like lime and calcium. Sometimes these minerals can be beneficial for health while sometime story goes flip side. Hard water mainly creates problems for washing machines, taps, shower etc. Slowly, you would find that this deposition creates problem as surface appears bad as well it comes in the way of water. We often imagine about chemical based products when it comes to limescale remover but in reality there are some other options through which you can have reasonable results.
If you use direct chemicals then you may get harsh results so be very careful while doing cleaning. Dishwasher is a perfect option through which you can get perfect results. You need to apply repeatedly so that you can have reasonable results. Electronic water conditioner is also used for the same. Calcium, limestone and magnesium are the three main elements, which are often in the role for the limescale deposition.
Suppose your utensils are affected with limescale then taste of food will also change. Washing machines are also on threat because scales. You would get amazed to know that vinegar is also a cleaning material that can bring results. You can also clean with grease and brush but you will have to struggle as grease also stuck sometime. Nowadays, some chemical based products are available which you need to put inside washing machine and it attracts all hard material.
We have struggled at home with block of our shower so we know how embracing it is? It is not only shower’s nozzle but various taps also get stuck. I have seen many stupid people changing taps and showers because of this problem. Let me guide you what I had done to get rid of this problem?
Components to be used:
- One liter of vinegar
- One liter of water
- 100 gram lemon juice
- Mix these three properly
- Heat properly until mixture boils
- Now pour tap and shower inside the mixture
- Keep boiling for 10-15 min
- Cool everything on room temperature.
- Once mixture settles then brush your tap.
If you don’t get desired result then leave everything in mixture for overnight.
This is a proven method to tackle with the stains and limescale. It is also quite interesting that if you heat affected area above 61 degree Celsius then you will get rid of this problem. This technique is not effective for all types of deposits because magnesium and calcium need to treat differently. We need to have something that should react with the calcium and magnesium and prepare product in liquid and gaseous form.
Now I will take you through some of the chemicals that have capability to dissolve the solid deposits of the limescale. Crocea warns people that some of the chemicals have extremely harsh results when treated with naked hand so use with extreme care. Check list of chemicals, which are used for the removal of limescale:
- Acetic acid CH3COOH: We often use vinegar at home that is diluted acetic acid. Mix this acid with water and boil. After sometime, you will get rid of the deposits on the surface. Borax can also bring reasonable results.
- Citric acid: as clear by the name, this is found in all citrus food whether it be lemon or orange. Lemon juice is considered to be the best source and this is the main reason why you often see advertisements of lemon based products. Juice of lemon should be used in place of the vinegar and trust me this is going to produce amazing results.
- Formic acid HCOOH is also used as it is cheap and easily available in market.
- Glycolic acid: this is a chemical mainly used in the beauty products. Because of its amazing ability of cleansing, this can be used for the same purpose.
- Hydrochloric Acid: this is also called strong water. If you are going to use this acid for cleansing then expert must be with you. There are many cleansing products available in market, which are also using hydrochloric acid.
- Lactic acid: extremely popular and mainly found in milk. In curd, you will find this acid. Out of all components, there should be at least of 40 percent of this acid.
- Oxalic acid: it is quite interesting to know that this acid is thousand times stronger than acetic acid. If strength is this much then one can easily understand effect after application.
- Phosphoric acid: main use of this acid is rust removal but this can be also used for numerous other causes. Many commercial websites are directly selling this acid so there is nothing to hassle when it comes to purchase of this material.
- Sulphuric acid H2SO4: this is the most popular acid amongst all. If you are planning to buy direct acid then this one is perfect choice but you should always use under the expertise of any expert. No matter, how intense is the deposit; this chemical has potential to tackle.
Some common questions, which we have resolved:
- Is it possible to resolve deposit without chemical based product?
- What about limescale which are old and have occupied large area?
- Is there any harm to skin with limescale?
- What precautions needed to be taken for limescale removal?
- Can limescale decay metallic shower and tap?
Some of the important questions, which we have resolved are as below:
For more information: http://www.crocea.com/limezap-limescale-remover.html
Contact Us for Demonstration
- How to Select Eco-friendly Limescale Remover?
Whether all market products are harsh to skin?
what are the parameters for right product?
how can a layman identify right limescale remover?
How can we develop limescale remover at home?